The environment in which the MLM and direct selling industry must operate has put a premium on effective legal counsel. Direct selling and MLM companies must strategically and tactically prepare for this environment. Such preparation demands a breadth and depth of experience from your attorney in all aspects of corporate operations, as well as in the law of direct selling and multilevel marketing.
The legal services we provide extend far beyond the specific laws surrounding the MLM and direct selling industry. Indeed, our comprehensive legal services are designed to help you successfully navigate the expansive labyrinth of federal, state and international statutes and regulations, as well as the confusing world of contracts, litigation, labor and other law associated with domestic and international business.
Additional services extend beyond what clients typically expect from their attorney, and can help companies achieve their business objectives, ensure their long-term existence and, ultimately, save them money.
The Legal Audit essentially takes and presents a direct selling or MLM company with a legal photograph, or perhaps more precisely, a CAT scan of the legal inner-workings of its organization and operation. To the extent that deficiencies are discovered, the Legal Audit also furnishes clients a prognosis and a remedial course of action.
General Counsel At Your Service(SM) provides direct selling and MLM companies with an attorney for across-the-board, long-term legal support to address the diverse panoply of legal issues that regularly arise in the course of business.
- Marketing plan review, analysis, and revision
- Product label and literature analysis, advice, and revision
- Representation in regulatory inquiries, inspections, and actions
- Food, drugs, cosmetics and dietary supplements
- Environmental Marketing
- Federal and state consumer protection issues
- Pyramid/multilevel marketing
- Business opportunity
- Referral sales
- Lottery laws
- Distributor compliance
Sales & Marketing
- Product claims, labeling, and promotional materials
- Contests and sweepstakes
- Intellectual Property
- Trademark searches and applications
- Intellectual property monitoring and protection (litigation)
- Intellectual property
- Selection and retention of foreign counsel and other professional services
- Review, registration, and approval
- Labeling and promotional materials
- Real estate
- Affinity programs (distributor retention)
- Strategic business alliances
- Employee and distributor training regarding legal topics and critical policies
- Income and earnings representations
- Product claims
- Scripting of answers to distributor and customer questions having legal significance
- Distributor compliance