Should company owners and managers hold genealogy positions? Here are seven reasons why it may not be wise:
- The financial benefit for owners to hold a genealogy position is a fallacy.
- Owners holding genealogy positions can inhibit an IPO.
- Minority shareholder rights may be violated.
- You may be unwittingly selling a security.
- Ownership of genealogy positions by owners can lead to an inequitable distribution of income.
- Ownership of genealogy positions can lead to conflicts of interest.
- Termination of a business relationship is made more difficult if management holds a genealogy position.
But the challenges associated with management holding a position in the genealogy can be overcome with proper planning and execution.
So if you are starting an MLM and are considering taking a position in the genealogy, read the latest addition to our MLM Startup Series that discusses these points and how to cope with them in more detail.