Steve Richards received his undergraduate degree in 1987 from the College of Idaho and is a 1995 graduate of Seattle University School of Law. Mr. Richards joined the firm in 1998. Prior to joining Reese, Poyfair, Richards PLLC, he represented clients in general civil matters with an emphasis on corporate representation, commercial litigation and insurance defense in Tacoma, Washington and Idaho Falls, Idaho. Mr. Richards’ legal practice is concentrated on the legal issues and challenges that direct selling (including multilevel marketing and party-plan), cosmetics, and nutritional supplement companies face in the U.S. regulatory environment. In addition, Mr. Richards advises manufacturers and distributors of dietary supplements, cosmetics, and other consumer products that utilize traditional distribution models and e-commerce. Among the services that Mr. Richards provides to the firm’s clients are the following:
- Start-Up Representation.
- Development and Drafting of Distributor Agreements and Distributor Policy Manuals.
- Review of Distributor Agreements and Distributor Policy Manuals for Regulatory and Legal Compliance and Enforceability.
- Review of Compensation Plans for Regulatory/Legal Compliance.
- Sales and Use Tax Compliance.
- State Registration of Multi-Level Distribution Companies.
- Distributor Compliance.
- Review of Product Labeling and Advertising and Marketing Copy for Regulatory and Legal Compliance.
- Food and Drug Law.
- Compliance with Federal and State Regulatory Laws (FDA, FTC, State Consumer Protection).
- FDA, FTC and State Regulatory Agency Dispute Resolution.
- Protection of Intellectual Property, Including Copyright, Trade Secrets and Trademarks.
- Trademark Registration (Domestic and International) and Trademark Disputes (Infringement, Cancellation and Opposition).
- Domain Name Disputes.
- Complex Contracts, Including Vendor Agreements and Technology and Intellectual Property Licensing.
- Commercial and Business Transactions and Contracts.